The Practice assesses the needs of its disabled patients regularly. Outlined below are the facilities and provisions available at each surgery. The Practice will:
- Provide large font options for our website via Accessibility link & search engines
- Ensure signage is clear and non-obstructive
- Promote the Induction Loop system and provide staff training. Loop signs will be clearly displayed in Reception and patients will be asked to indicate if they wish to use this
- Provide clearly marked and wider disabled parking bay(s)
- Allow guide or other assistance dogs into the premises. Owners of assistance dogs will be given the opportunity to tour the practice and the grounds with their assistance dog. This will enable the dog to become familiar with routes throughout the building
- Offer private room facilities for patients who may have communication, reading, or writing difficulties
- Provide high-backed and high seat base to assist elderly or disabled patients in standing or sitting.
- Allow disabled patients to make appointments by unusual methods, e.g. text messages, on line booking, or letter. The practice will respond to these requests using the method most appropriate to the needs of the patient
We are always looking to improve this and welcome suggestions from our patients. You can do this via the Suggestion Boxes in each surgery or by contacting reception.